Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• ENGINE OIL

HI ppl!I am new in this forum and i would like some help!

I am a proud owner of an E60 520 model 04!I have only 25000 km but when i saw the dipstick shows that the oil is close to the min quantity......the i-drive sais that i have to make oilchange at the next 15000 but the previous oil change was at the 15000.DO bmw use oil for so many km(25000???)?And also should i worry for the oil consumption???

Thank you in advance! :ka:
    THE FASTER THE BETTER

Re: ENGINE OIL

Hi,

you shouldn't worry too much.

If the oil level is close to min you should add some oil. I think the difference between min and max is 1 Liter. Long mileage between oil changes are normal nowadays. That's why you should use "good" oil. Because you will use it for a long time...

BMW for decades writes in the handbooks that an engine may lose .15 liter of 100 km, which is a lot. Usually they don't need that much, though.

I read a car test of a mini cooper from the 70s recently (as a review). This car needed 4 liters of 1000 km!

Back to your car. Buying 1 liter during a long oil cycle is still much cheaper than changing the oil every 5-10.000 km as you probably did with your old car.

Kommentar

Re: ENGINE OIL

Thanks a lot Maxl_I.

I have already used a 5w-40 full synthetic for the car! Bmw use 0w-40 but now at summer time i believe is better to use the 5w-40!

Thanks a lot anyway!
      THE FASTER THE BETTER

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X