Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Baur-man

Hello from the southeastern USA! I own a 1984 320i Baur built for the Belgian market, production date 6/83. It has a Getrag 240 five-speed transmission which is broken, and I need some information in order to get it running once again.

First: where do I find a date of manufacture code on one of these transmissions? I need to do some cross-referencing (long story; you don't want to know).

Second: does anyone happen to have a new-old-stock BMW# 23221224111 transmission output shaft spacer bushing for a Getrag 240 in their back pocket? That would solve the WHOLE PROBLEM . . . but I'm not holding my breath.

To save everyone some time, I prefer not to replace the transmission with "something else" because that would necessitate changing the rest of the driveline --- and I've already rebuilt all of that. Besides, I prefer to keep my cars as original as possible.

Jeff Dreibus
    Nebo, North Carolina

And no, despite the surname I do not speak German . . . but I know how to translate so it's all good.

Hi Jeff, there is a Baur TC forum Germany, that is probably the the forum where most knowledge is for this rare model, you have to register there and ask for help https://bmw-baur-tc-club.de/WP/
    7er Tech Tips

Kommentar

Lädt...
    X